Current Role (Feb 2019 - current)
Lead Software Developer at KIPR(KISS Institute for Practical Robots)
- Developed and Deployed a 3D-Simulator based on a robot curriculum for 100% virtual access to students.
- Collaborated to implement 3D-Simulator hosted on Amazon AWS to administer computing power to each user.
- Analyzed and improved our company homepage by improving scripting thereby improving load times by ~10%.
- Led the development, build and execution of a new Controller named “Wombat” which has increased efficiency by 100%, Operating speed by ~400% with the help of newer, better and cheaper components.
- Introduced AI into Robotics for Elementary and Mid-School students.(ML, AI, Image Recognition, OpenCV).
- Developed software update patches to address bugs and better functionality.
- Develop and Improvise libraries in Linux based OS for more functionality and modular use of the robot infrastructure.
- New Features: Over-the-Air Updates, More libraries, Better Wi-Fi connectivity and Easier SD card swaps.
- Build .deb files for easier Updates OTA.(Linux, debuild, CMakeLists, MakeFiles)
- Develop further libraries to aid the learn process of school children.
- Bug Fixes for Libwallaby v24.
- 3D-Simulator Link
- Technologies Used
Last Project (Aug 2016-Dec 2018)
Web-based application for USDA to keep track of animals in their research labratories. A live application can be seen here
I was working with the US Department of Agriculture as an IT Consultant from the position of Research Assistant at University of Oklahoma. I am helping them move from Books and Papers based database into Online based MySQL database. Using this database is helping them keep track of changes about the animals they experiment upon. It is also helping them to make new changes much more effectively because the researchers are not needed to spend a lot of time in entering the data and can spend more time on analyzing the data and continuing with the research. You can see the website USDA-ARS is using to save their data into the database.
- Designed and deployed a website while leading a team of 5 while improving the performance over existing application.
- Implemented multi-user functionality allowing for data exchange times between the animal scientists by ~100%.
- Implemented a search functionality with a radio checkbox to minimize the search radius to reduce load time by ~75%.
- Website hosted on remote Linux server using Apache framework to accommodate Flask applications.
- Implemented RestAPIs for asynchronous server requests allowing multi-user functionality to function better.
- Responsible for translating the Scientists’ requirements into Real-world features.
- Enhanced user experience by fine-tuning stored procedures & SQL queries for efficient data retrieval for ~1M records.
- Technologies Used:
- Designed and built a prototype model for “Intelligent Alerting and Braking system” as a part of 6th sem project.
- Built an Android App named “Gesture controlled Music player” as a part of 5th sem project.
- Built a Windows App named “INDIAN GODS” as a part of workshop conducted by windows in 2012-2013.
- Designed and built a “Solar Lantern” as a part of Social Innovation during Bachelor’s.
- 3D modeling and fabrication of a “Bluetooth Speaker” as a part of Product Development and Realization (PDR).
- Designed and built PCBs using the Eagle, Autotrax and Express PCB software as a part of selfassessment in 3rd and 4th sem.
- Worked on “Network management system (NMS)” as a part of project in Bachelor’s Degree.